Friday 12 October 2012

Graphic Design: Audrey Hepburn and Her Words


These are the artworks of my favourite Audrey Hepburn's quotes. I call back a memory from highschool when two years ago a in the middle of our intense conversation about values, cultures and such, a good friend of mine said to me "Rut, you are so prudent". That time I did not know the meaning of prudent and she explained, "You just want to do everything in a very proper and right way, follow the rule, thinking what's ideal. I told her, "Oh, well. So there is nothing wrong about being prudent."

A year after that "prudent talk":, when I heard the word prudent, I always associated it with Audrey Hepburn. Hepburn is always is symbol of fashion, a lady, a humanitarian, happiness, and love. She is a prudent, too.

The design is simple. I tried to follow the basic principle of graphic design, the class I am taking now, which is CRAP principle. Wait, don't think I am not prudent. CRAP stands for contrast, rrepetition, alignment, and proximity. I realized that right-alignment is the most effective alignment, while centered sometimes makes readers more difficult to read. And the "Love, Audrey Hepburn" part is definitely repetition.

Back to Hepburn again. Many of you might not have known that she died from a sort of cancer. While October is the month of Breast Cancer Awareness, it is important to commemorate those who suffered or survive from cancer, especially Breast Cancer with positive attitudes, words, and encouragement. And all those positivity are shown from my favourite Hepburn's quotes.








Yes, Paris 2013. Montepellier is a good idea too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...