Sunday, 7 February 2010
Once, we have a class photo. I just stood next to him and voila, till now on, in that photograph, my name was written next to him. Then after graduate kindergarten, we studied in different school. Six years after finished elementary school, coincidently we went to the same secondary school, we get along really well. BUT things changed. I didn’t like him anymore, sadly one of my friend said that he had a crush on me until the end of 7th grade, but I didn’t realize that, and I was so sad when I knew that and I almost cried, maybe I did.
The more interesting thing is that our parents are friends since university. And yeah because of this fact, I wondered it must be really cool to marry him. Our parents know each other, we have a lot memory together (don’t forget the kindergarten photo’s – it would be great to put it inside invitation) ha-ha ;) and I was thinking it was a SIGN! But it is no longer happening in my mind.
AND now – I completely change my mind. After living 18 years, I can now can think maturely (the story above is so childlike). Ok lemme get you the intro. .
The world is big. There are millions people in the world that you don’t know and haven’t seen yet. They have different culture, knowledge, background, point of view and everything just different. Physically, them who live in the western part of the world and eastern part of the world are completely different (hair is quite good determinant for this)!
Based on this reason (ehem) here we come to the serious part of the story. I want to marry a guy, that I completely have no idea that I am going to see, meet, and know this guy is exist which is really contrast story from the previous 5 years. In a way that we came from a very different part of the world, culture, and physically not have anything in common (oh yeah nose, hair color, eyes color – skin hmmm – could be included – I’m not that dark though).
Childhood - hmmm - I dont want to grow up :)
Isn’t great that you can talk about anything that distinguish you both and you will never get bored because you both are just too different (even them who have the same culture still have a lot of things to talk). And also you will build such a diverse family, meeting two different cultures together, hmm interesting. And no wonder, you will have such a really little cute baby – that has a really unique face!
Well it can be to early talking about marriage now! But it is just fun talking about future and love. Valentine’s Day is coming baby! Hmm maybe until Valentine’s day I’m going to fill my blog with everything that connected to love… Cause I just went back from Verona! And saw Juliet's house and I will write a special post about this :) CIAO!
This is exactly 5 years ago photo, when I met him
And Let us see the next 5 years . . . Will I meet the man I expected?
Thursday, 4 February 2010
“Guys like us, is the loneliest guy in the world. They got no family. They don’t belong no place. They come to ranch and work up a stake.. They ain’t nothing to look ahead too”.
George went on, “With us it ain’t like that. We got a future. We got somebody to talk to that gives a damn about us. We don’t have to sit in no bar-room blown … But not us”
Lennie broke in “But not us! An’ why? Because . . . because I got to look after me and you got me to look after you”
We finished Mice of Men in English B HL. This book is about two men travelling together, finding a better job in order to get a better life. Their names are George and Lennie. George is a smart medium height man and Lenny is a gigantic man, powerful but he is not bright. This giant has a desire with any kind of furry animal that he can pinch and poke, especially to tend a rabbit.
I really like this book, it is so natural. It really shows how guys in the ranch work and what is happening there. Once, there is a character name Crooks, a nigger. He hasn’t been talking with all the ranch men because at their sight this man stinks and he just already become ignorant with this situation, he always isolated himself in the room, reading book – once he said “ A guy goes nuts if he ain’t got nobody”.
There is also an old man named Candy, who has a dream to get out from the ranch and have a stable life, at least he didn’t want to die alone. Candy has a really old dog, and it got shoot by one of the man in the ranch, because he thinks that his dog is just too old, there is no point at keeping it and it smells no good. There is also Curly and his wife who make the ranch just like a drama!
And yeah, back to my favorite character, Lennie! Every single thing he said just want to make me laugh, before I had watched the movie I have this imagination of a really ugly man full of saliva and stupid expression saying all this rabbit thingy to George. And this cool man, always reply him with a joke or a soft mock. George is pretty cool actually, because he took care of Lennie that has this mental problem but really good at working. And the ending, you will see the ending that you will never expect!
The language is also so light, it’s more slang, ranch men language. Instead of saying alright they said AWRIGHT, and I am GETTING USED TO SAY THAT! It just sounds so cool and easier. When you are trying to say A and L is a bit hard, you have to twist your lips.
I recommended you to read this book. Read it with a cup of cold tea, chocolate and make sure that no one will knock on your door and finding you are laughing like a carzy man!!!
I am trying to imitate how unbright Lennie is, but I always look bright, awright?
This is the movie - We watched it. And it is really cool - I love George and Slim =)
THEY ARE HOT!
Wednesday, 3 February 2010
2. Blind people also dream. People who became blind after birth can see images in their dreams. People who are born blind do not see any images, but have dreams equally vivid involving their other senses of sound, smell, touch and emotion.
3. Everybody dreams. Every human being dreams (except in cases of extreme psychological disorder). If you think, you are not dreaming, you just forget your dreams.
4. In our dreams, we only see faces that we already know. Our mind is not inventing faces – in our dreams we see real faces of real people that we have seen during our life but may not know or remember. We have all seen hundreds of thousands of faces throughout our lives, so we have an endless supply of characters for our brain to utilize during our dreams.
5. Not everybody dreams in color. A full 12% of sighted people dream exclusively in black and white. The remaining number dream in full color. Studies from 1915 through to the 1950s maintained that the majority of dreams were in black and white, but these results began to change in the 1960s. Today, only 4.4% of the dreams of under-25 year-olds are in black and white. Recent research has suggested that those changing results may be linked to the switch from black-and-white film and TV to color media.
6. Dreams are symbolic. If you dream about some particular subject it is not often that the dream is about that. Dreams speak in a deeply symbolic language. Whatever symbol your dream picks on it is most unlikely to be a symbol for itself.
7. Emotions; The most common emotion experienced in dreams is anxiety. Negative emotions are more common than positive ones.
8. You can have four to seven dreams in one night. On average, you can dream anywhere from one or two hours every night.
9. Animals dream too. Studies have been done on many different animals, and they all show the same brain waves during dreaming sleep as humans. Watch a dog sleeping sometime. The paws move like they are running and they make yipping sounds as if they are chasing something in a dream.
10. Body Paralysis.
Rapid eye movement (REM) sleep is a normal stage of sleep characterized by rapid movements of the eyes. REM sleep in adult humans typically occupies 20-25% of total sleep, about 90-120 minutes of a night’s sleep.
During REM sleep the body is paralyzed by a mechanism in the brain in order to prevent the movements which occur in the dream from causing the physical body to move. However, it is possible for this mechanism to be triggered before, during, or after normal sleep while the brain awakens.
11. Dream Incorporation. Our mind interprets the external stimuli that our senses are bombarded with when we are asleep and make them a part of our dreams. This means that sometimes, in our dreams, we hear a sound from reality and incorporate it in a way. For example you may be dreaming that you are in a concert, while your brother is playing a guitar during your sleep.
12. Men and women dream differently. Men tend to dream more about other men. Around 70% of the characters in a man’s dream are other men. On the other hand, a woman’s dream contains almost an equal number of men and women. Aside from that, men generally have more aggressive emotions in their dreams than the female lot.
13. Precognitive Dreams. Results of several surveys across large population sets indicate that between 18% and 38% of people have experienced at least one precognitive dream and 70% have experienced déjà vu. The percentage of persons that believe precognitive dreaming is possible is even higher, ranging from 63% to 98%.
14. If you are snoring, then you cannot be dreaming.
15. You can experience an orgasm in your dreams. You can not only have s e x as pleasurable as in your real life while dreaming, but also experience an o r g a s m as strong as a real one, without any wet results. The sensations felt while lucid dreaming (touch, pleasure and etc..) can be as pleasurable and strong (or I believe even stronger) as the sensations experienced in the real world.