Wednesday 11 July 2012

Currently Dancing to: Metro Playlist

I always got so excited in the morning to go to work, not just because I love my job but I cannot wait to be on the metro. Ever wonder why? Metro is like a fashion catwalk. The platform is the stage and the train is the backstage. All those chairs inside are for the guest list people and I always try to be on the front row. I am not modelling, obviously. But, I am watching. Watching all these young Washingtonian executives in their best working clothes, something I won't find in Iowa. As I just got a new pair of earphones, I love to tune music on. Getting on from Ballston station to Federal Center, I am the dj of my Metro Runaway. Especially yesterday. Geez, I was sitting right at the very front and right away in front of me there are 4 model-like Americans hopped in. One in suit (he is a little bit blonde), another one  in brown checked shirt (he is so my type, black/dark brown hair, sharp eyebrows), the other one is in black shirt (he is okay and reading nook), and the other one looks really decent.

As I started watching these young professionals, my ipod keeps giving me these songs that suites the atmosphere of my runaway.

1. American Boy - Estelle 

     I just met this 4 foot 7 boy who's just my type 
 I like the way he's speaking, his confidence is peaking  
Don't like his baggy jeans but I like the way he's thinking
Dressed in all your fancy clothes Sneakers looking fresh to death, 
I'm lovin' those shell toes  
     Walkin' that walk, talk that slick talk  
     I'm likin' this American boy, American boy

(Well yeah, finally I like American, but those who are not in college and don't look like college kids haha, thanks to that American senior that opens my heart to all the Yanks) 


2. Boyfriend - Best Coast

 One day I'll make him mine
And we'll be together all the time
We'll sit and watch the sunrise
And gaze into each other's eyes
I know that he knows
Know that he knows
I know that he wants to be my boyfriend

(Well this one sounds like a desperation song wanting a boyfriend, but hey who don't fall hard with those looks in suites?)


3. Labels or Love - Fergie
     Love’s like a runway but which one do I love more
No emotional baggage, just big bags filled with Dior
Love’s like a runway, so what’s all the fussing for
Let’s stop chasing those boys and shop some more

(It makes me feels like I am a young professional too, but more like the hot and sexy one like Carry Bradshaw -- she is a figure, for me, she is a writer. Oh, hey, I am going to be one too!)

4. F-cking Boyfriend - The Bird and The Bee

 I would be so winning, so absolutely winning.
A guarantee in melody, a promise in the sky
Would you ever be my, would you be my f-cking boyfriend?

(I will so definitely getting one of those men on the Metro after I graduated from college! Yeah, wait for 3 years, baby! ) 



 5. Super Bass - Nicki Minaj 

Excuse me, you're a hell of a guy  
You know I really got a thing for American guys 
 I mean, sigh, sickenin' eyes 
I can tell that you're in touch with your feminine side, oh

 Boy you got my heartbeat runnin' away  
Beating like a drum and it's coming your way  
Can't you hear that boom, badoom, boom Boom, badoom, boom bass?

  
As the Metro stops at Farragut West, most of these men-looking guys get off from the Metro. Needless to say, I cannot wait for my next commute!

Kiss and Love, 

Rut Nastiti


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...