Friday 26 October 2012

Dream Jobs through Design

Couple months ago, I tumbled upon a really simple yet sophisticated website called R&D Research and Development. I found an eye-catching piece of art that says "A better life through good design". It is not just because it is written on a yellow paper, but the words really gather my attention that good design could make a better life.

We have seen many encouragement words that brings positivity. in posters, banners, and so on. For examples quotes that are put as wallpapers to encourage people to live their lives to the fullest.

example of design for a better day in life : don't look back!

Then, I came up with an idea of my favourite topic to talk about -- my future, especially my future career. Why not making a simple chic list to kind of keep ourselves on track, to remind us our goals, especially when it comes to dream jobs. 

So, I came up with a really simple design that might help people to list what they really want to be in life. It is really simple. I am still using the contrast, repetiton, alignment and proximity principle from my Graphic Design class. Here are the designs: (black and white and pink). Feel free to have one for yourself!




Here are some tips how you can make the list:
1. To make your list more realistic , it is better to list the job that you can see yourself in 5-10 years from now. However, set your dream jobs high!
2. You can fill the list with any kind of jobs you have in mind (but remember, the kind of jobs that you wanted to have when you were a kid and now is not relevant to you major/minor are better opted out). For example, in junior high I wanted to be a doctor, but I realised I am not such a scientific person and afraid of blood. Therefore, I would not list "Doctor" as my dream job.
 3. For aesthetic matter, you might want to group the jobs according to
      - the nature of the job
      - length of the job (for example the longest would be on the top)
      - the hard-reach to easy-reach. 
4. It would be nice to print one and keep this list on your desk, and it will make it a kind of motivator for you. 


Feel free to get a copy of the list by just right-click and save as image.


Here is an example of the full list: (the order is based on the length of the words)

Hope everyone finds the list useful! 


Kiss and Love, 
Rut Nastiti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...